An Instructor Guide to Teaching Computer Science Ethics
The Instructor Guide to Teaching Computer Science Ethics it’s a tool for teachers to start or enhance their teaching of ethics within Computer Science and Engineering curricula.
What will you find in the Guide?
Part 1 – Introduction contains
- An introduction on what are computer ethics, computing ethics, and engineering ethics
- A discussion on why ethics should be in Computer Science and Engineering modules
- Some examples of typical computing ethics decision-making dilemmas
Part 2 – Ethics and Its Application in Computing and Computer Engineering contains
- A more in depth introduction to Ethics focused especially on normative models
- An examination of ethical frameworks and codes of ethics within an international and European context
Part 3 – How to Use the Ethics4EU Bricks explains how to use our educational resources within Computer Science/Engineering modules
- Appendix A – Glossary
- Appendix B – Additional resources for Part 2
- Appendix C – Practical Resources for Teaching Theory and Practice